[geeks] Re: hub needed

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Wed Jan 22 21:55:14 CST 2003

On Wed, 2003-01-22 at 22:43, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> Does anyone here not carry a pager or cel phone?

I carry both for work.  They're pretty much near me or on me 24x7.
(they're on the nightstand when i sleep.)  Generally, the furthest that
i am ever away from them is on a saturday or sunday when i don't intend
to leave the house and leave them on the nightstand.  When i started, i
was given them, and told that i was generally expected to carry them all
the time, and because of that, personal use of them is acceptable,
unless it is excessive.

However! This is not a problem.  I do my work, and do it right.  When i
fix things, they don't break the next day.  Some of my coworkers get
phone calls on the weekends because their shit doesn't work.  I don't
have that problem.  The closest thing i've had to a work phone call on a
weekend is when a coworker called me and asked me for advice with a
problem he was having with his personal PC at home.

	-Dan Sikorski