[geeks] siemens nixdorf boxen

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Wed Jan 22 16:39:31 CST 2003

On 2003.01.22 23:01 Brian wrote:

> It seems the model I have is an RM200, a semingly low end thou at one
> time common modest database box.
That is an ARC machine with MIPS CPU. There are some different models.
AFAIK a early EISA (?) and a later PCI (?) machine (RM200C?) and ???
There is a Linux port that runs on some variants of the RM200 but it
seams to be unmaintained for some time. Maybe there is a WinNT for it...
NetBSD doesn't run on it. As NetBSD already supports some MIPS/ARC
machines it would be not that hard to port. Native OS is Sinix and that
is what I would try to get and run on it.
--

tsch|_,
         Jochen