[geeks] OSX optimizations

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Wed Jan 22 14:49:30 CST 2003

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 03:04:52PM -0500, Bryan Fullerton wrote:
> The improper handling of UFS support by Apple is one of my OSX pet
> peeves.
>
> There are still OSX apps, mostly those ported from OS9, which don't
> work [properly|at all] with UFS filesystems.

How bad is it, really?  Considering that the apps I use are pretty much
restricted to the stuff that comes out of the box with OS X, plus stuff
I compile myself, plus Safari and Photoshop Elements, plus a few little
shareware doodads that I could live without, just how painful can I
expect it to be?

Sadly, I don't have a sacrificial Mac to experiment with - the Cube is
also my wireless base-station, and my iBook is the machine I use the
most interactively.  Maybe when I get a job I can celebrate by getting
a shiny new Mac and then trying to break it :-)

--
Lord Protector David Cantrell     |     http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

  For every vengeance, there is an equal and opposite revengeance.
                                            -- Cartoon Law X