[geeks] knife sharpening

R. Lonstein ross-sunhelp at lonsteins.com
Tue Jan 21 21:05:23 CST 2003

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 09:49:29PM -0500, Dan Sikorski wrote:
> Those of you who pocket knives, what equipment and method do you use for
> sharpening?  I've got some pocketknives that could really use it, and
	[snip]

A trio of Arkansas stones (coarse, medium, fine), a fourth
pocket-sized stone (very fine), some light machine oil and a ceramic
crock stick. Works great for basic knives after a little practice.

> familiar with the lansky sharpening kits, but i'm wondering if they're
> the best way to go or not.
	[snip]

They are easy and consistent. I use my Dad's to touch up my CRKT when
I visit. It does a better job on serrated edges than I do with the
edge of the stones.

- Ross