[geeks] dist fold question

James james at jdfogg.com
Tue Jan 21 14:21:28 CST 2003

I have downloaded the Linux text version of the distributed folding client.
After running it for a while I noticed a few things that don't seem right.

1) The machine is a dual PIII 500 with a gig-o-ram and RH7-3. The
application is consuming 100% of one CPU and not touching the other CPU. Is
there a way to distribute the load? If I distribute the load, can I start a
second session with a second data set?

2) as above, if not distributable, is there a way to start a second session
with a second set?

3) Currently I am processing about 1.2 structures per second. This seems
too fast (the machine doesn't do much else).