[geeks] Re: Watches was: hub needed

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Tue Jan 21 10:22:12 CST 2003

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 08:48:41AM -0700, Chris Byrne wrote:
> Well thankis Gavin, I do try, and occaisonally even succeed.

I'll second that, 'twas fascinating even if I doubt I'll be making much
use of my new knowledge.

The difficult bit for me would be finding a jeweller that's any good.
None of my local ones are, that much is clear from the crappy window
displays and the crappy decor inside.  Not to mention the crappy
service.  I'm sure if I go up in to town I could find some top-notch
establishments.  In fact I know the first one I'd try, a tiny little
place in an arcade just off New Bond St*.  But I can't afford the
Mayfair markup.

As for the watch I wear - a cheap piece of shit Accurist quartz thingy.
It tells the time correctly to within a couple of minutes, and if I
need better I can use ntp.

* - for trivia fans, there is no Bond St.  There's no Old Bond St either.
And Bond St station isn't on New Bond St.

--
Grand Inquisitor Reverend David Cantrell | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

If you're doing business with a religious son of a bitch, get it in writing.
His word isn't worth shit, not with the Good Lord telling him how to fuck you
on the deal   -- W.S.Burroughs, "Words of Advice for Young People"