[geeks] Watches was: hub needed

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Mon Jan 20 19:50:07 CST 2003

On Mon, 2003-01-20 at 09:39, Chris Byrne wrote:
> Truer words have rarely been spoken. The vast majority of watches, even
> what most people would consider expensive watches, are simply not worth
> repairing if they break, if they are even possible to repair (most arent
> these days, the manufacturer simply replaces them). Theres really only
> two solutions  1. Buy a watch that can't break (or that is so difficult
> to break as to be its functional equivalent) and 2. buy a watch that's
> worth fixing (and fixable)

Might you be able to suggest a few manufacturers, or watches in
particular that are of higher quality and fits in one or both of the two
above solutions?

I'm in the market for a new watch since i declared my last one dead
several months ago. (i check the time on my pager currently.)  I want
something to wear everyday, and i wear jeans and polo's to work, so
nothing all too fancy looking. Basically, i want a solid watch for
everyday wear.  My budget depends on if i find something i really like
or not, but i'm also not a millionaire.

	-Dan Sikorski