[geeks] Re: hub needed

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Jan 20 17:24:09 CST 2003

On Monday, January 20, 2003, at 05:07 PM, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:

>>> Yeah, you and your low-end supercomputers ;^)
>>
>>    Sheesh.
>
> Well, it's not like you sprung for a C90 or T90.

   I almost bought a T90 two years ago, and three years ago I came very
close to owning a C90.  Trouble is, all C90s are liquid cooled and
unbelievably heavy, and T90s are only air cooled in one or two
processor configurations.

   T90s are *stupid* fast.  Twice as fast per processor than the
already-too-fast-to-be-comfortable C90.

        -Dave

--
Dave McGuire           "Wear whatever you want...Just don't be surprised
St. Petersburg, FL        if you wind up with a blow-gun dart in your