[geeks] Im going to XP, wish me luck

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 20 07:04:45 CST 2003

--- Chris Byrne <chris at chrisbyrne.com> wrote:

> > Please discuss things like this in email, and not on lists I host.

One option that I found for getting copies of WinXP were to befriend IT
folks in small/mid-size companies: at $employer we buy all our desktops
from Dell, and they all come with WinXP. BUT, because our company is a
certain size (200+ employees), we purchase licenses seperate from the
machine en masse.

So, for every new desktop, we typically wind up with an extra copy of
WinXP. Full media (1 CD), and a CULA (the activation key). We haven't
bought any new desktops in a while, but typically on the few ocasions
when I needed a copy it was easy to come by.

BTW, bundled Office applications are only "legal" in companies with
less than 250 employees, IIRC.

=====
Lionel

http://mailplus.yahoo.com