[geeks] Ok, who else digs goth chicks here

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Mon Jan 20 04:12:34 CST 2003

On 2003.01.20 03:08 Chris Byrne wrote:

> My girlfriend is a munchener,
Oha, A Bazi. ;-)

> theres no way I'd call it K-Town, she'd smack me
K-Town is just joke. No German calls it K-Town. It is as false as "Ami".

> I mean I can understand making fun of Prussians for the whole "alle
> ist im ordnung" thing,
Well. The Bavarians (and the Saxons) are mostly target of jokes due to
their dialect.

> but I never understod why people find diminutives for the palatinate
and
> pfalzgraf.
Well the Pfalz thing is more or less a "rivality" with our neighbor, the
Saarland. The Saarland is a bit "french". (It was controlled by france
even for 10 years after WW II.) But don't take this all too serious.
Always have a ;-) in mind if you hear jokes about Pfdlzer, Saarldnder or
Bavarians.

> Personally Im a big fan of Bavaria, but thats prolly
> because I like beer, pretzels, sausage, and BMW's ;-)
Ewww. You like BMWs? You should know that BMW drivers have no good
reputation in Germany. ;-) Quite the opposite to Benz drivers. BMW =
fast driving prol with money, Benz = grandpa, that doesn't know how to
handle the accelerator.

> No Alcohol or any other drugs?
Yes. When I was arond 15 I started to drink beer and the like. But it
didn't taste. I can't stand the smell of alcohol. For me, it is a
chemical solvent, nothing that I will consume for fun. I realized that I
started to drink only because "I had to start" in that age. I did it
because all other friends[1] / classmates did it, not because I enjoyed
it. I stoped "running behind the herd" when I realized this.
An other reason is: I am a bit shy or distant. Some people sugested me
to consume drugs to be more "relaxed". Hey. When I need drugs to come
out of my "snail house", I am lying to myself. I would consume drugs to
be a person that I am not are in reality, presenting this person to
other people and thus lying to other people also. I have lied enough in
my live. I was 21 when I told an other person that I am gay for the
first time. So I wane be onest at least to myself.
And I can't imagin what is funny at anaesthetizeing my mind.

> Hmm, depending on how strictly you apply that any other drugs things
Well, everything that involves chemicals that are addictive.

> that basically leaves excessive sex as your
> only possible vice
;-)

> (Ive seen your picture, you're relatively skinny).
Well that picture is some years old. I am about 178 cm tall and weigh 70
kg but I am not that muscular...
If you can read german maybe you are interrested in
http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz/piercing.html
http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz/das_andere_ufer.html
also.

> And of course if that means no caffeine you are missing one of the
> great pleasures of life, good coffee.
I can't stand coffe. It has a disgusting tase for me. But I drink a lot
of (black) tee, my dear. > 1.5 l per day.

> I've not seen a mil-spec sparc1, but I have used milspec SS20's (the
> one from SUN, not the one from Murmansk). All heavy gauge aluminum
cases
> and keyboards with armored cables.
Yes, that is what I am talking about.

[1] Didn't have much friends when I was a teenager. Beeing a geek _and_
gay in a litle village makes you very different...
--

tsch|_,
         Jochen