[geeks] Re: hub needed

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Mon Jan 20 03:44:47 CST 2003

Hi Lads

All of the talk about watches is very interesting. However the reason I'll never ever buy a new watch is that I'm never sure if my perceptions of value/style/quality are real or just a clever marketing creation.

I haven't worn a watch for the last year, but if I did I think I'd wear an 1960's vintage Tissot or Omega. Like my old computers, I really like the idea of owning something that is capable of useful work many years after the date of manufacture.

Regards,

Gavin