[geeks] Re: hub needed

Yuri K koroby398 at ifrance.com
Sun Jan 19 21:29:31 CST 2003

Hello Bill,

Monday, January 20, 2003, 02:40:45 (UTC), you wrote:

BB> If you call someone who collects older computers a "cheap bastard", you have
BB> no place on the SunHELP mailing lists.

BB> Go cut another hole in the side of your peecee case and brag about how many
BB> gigahertz you have.. it just helps you reboot faster after crashes.

      I think he was talking about another subset of humanity, not
      about himself. As for cheap... to restore and keep them running
      is not always so. Besides, the main point is a tribute to
      elegant engineering. Try to call a horologist who loves his old
      Vacheron Constantine, cleans it every year, checks the daily
      variance in one position vs another, gets into winding
      techiques, etc. a cheap bastard :)

--
Best regards,
 Yuri

''Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as
you please.'' - Mark Twain