[geeks] Henry Rollins quotes

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Sun Jan 19 21:09:34 CST 2003

Okay in the spirit of the punk thread...

You can get away with a lot of shit if it looks like it's all you know
how to do."

"Whenever I get dumped (by a girlfriend), I nail the door shut so that
no one can come inside, get a towel and clip it around my neck so it's
like a Superman cape, take off my shoes so I can slide across the room,
and...get a fake mic, like a celery stick or a pen, and I play any
record that features the vocalist Ronnie James Dio. And you can just
pretend you're Dio, because on every album he does, he has minimum one,
usually three, *EVIL WOMAN LOOK OUT!*- songs."

"The ones who dont do anything are always the ones who try to pull you
down"

"When you start to doubt yourself the real world will eat you alive."

"I don't want to pass through life like a smooth plane ride."

"If you hate your parents, the man, or the establishment, don't show
them up by getting wasted and wrapping your car around a tree. If you
really want to rebel against your parents: outearn them, outlive them,
and know more than they do."

"Want a good body? Work at it. Want to be a success? Work at it. Want to
be truly exceptional? Be a touch insane... You need a little bit of
insanity to do great things."