[geeks] hub needed

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sun Jan 19 19:57:44 CST 2003

"Brian" <bri at sonicboom.org> wrote:

> 1.  I can't imagine anyone buying a hub when unmanaged switches are so
> inexpensive unless
>
> 2. You want to easily be able to use a sniffer, in which case stop
> being such a CB and go spend the 5-10 dollars at most.

CB?

Dave mentioned on-list earler that he was having connectiopn issues with
his Octane (10/100 ethernet) and an Alpha attached to a FDDI network.  I
assume he tracked down the cause of the issues to a misbehaving ethernet
segment and needs something to replace it.

Take a happy pill, Brian.  Your response was not only not helpful, it
was also in poor form.

--
Kurt                "I remember that I've got a solid base of worms and
kurt at k-huhn.com      ant eggs.  I puke like a hero all night long."