[geeks] Im going to XP, wish me luck

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Sun Jan 19 13:00:54 CST 2003

On Sun, 2003-01-19 at 12:50, Geek wrote:
> Not necessarily. He said he wouldn't give MS his cash, but that says
> nothing about buying it off other's who are no longer using their copy
> due to upgrades to Linux or downgrades to XP. In case his copy would be
> completely legal as it would only be running on 1 system.

Quite true, but, his complaint was that SP1 would not install without
having a legal copy.  If he bought it secondhand (which may or my not be
legal by the EULA, i'm not sure), it would (presumably) be a legal copy,
or at least indistinguishable from a legal copy, and ergo he would not
have the problem.  So, once again, he should not complain unless he
bought the software, be it directly, or secondhand.

	-Dan Sikorski