[geeks] Followup on weapons seizure

Rob rstaab at panix.com
Sat Jan 18 20:59:45 CST 2003

> Which line?  The one drawn a repressive and confining government?  the
> guy wasn't hurting anyone.  Yes he was odd - fine, but he wasn't a
> 'dangerous' man except in the eyes of public officials and nuetered
> journalists - IMO anyway.  As always, YMMV and YOMV.
>
> It was against the law, yes.  I won't argue that point.  I *will* argue
> that the law is too strict, ineffective, and short sighted.

As per usual, I agree with Kurt on this. The guy was in violation of the
law. The gun laws in this country have been obtuse and poorly thought out
since 1900 or so when states started trying to keep blacks from having
guns - and then used the same laws against everyone to demonize certain
gun classes.

- Rob