[geeks] Jesus this guy could be me

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Sat Jan 18 15:52:36 CST 2003

On Sat, Jan 18, 2003 at 01:07:36PM -0500, Andrew Weiss wrote:

> I made the switch to Linux before Windows 95 came out.  I went from
> Windows FW 3.11 to NT 3.51 to dual boot Linux / NT...to dual boot
> Solaris 2.5.1 x86 / NT to all Sol x86 with WABI.
Started with the ROM BASIC of my C128D, years later DOS 5.0 with Windows
3.1. Switched to OS/2 2.1, later Warp 3. Started to use Linux in parallel
to OS/2 at the early kernel 1.2.x days. Replaced the Penguin with the
Daemon Power (C) (R) (TM) of FreeBSD 2.2.2. Lost interrest in OS/2
when I swtiched from FreeBSD to NetBSD. NetBSD has become my favorite
*ix flavor. Played a bit with IRIX when I got a I2 R4k4, now using an
Alpha with Tru64 as main workstation for about 15 months. I am
thinking of a cheap Octane for more IRIX entertainment or two good
graphic cards for my fat Bull machine to get some views into AIX.

Never used any Win95/98/NT/2k/XP crap at home and only occasional
at the university or work.
--

tsch|_,
          Jochen