[geeks] Followup on weapons seizure

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Sat Jan 18 12:35:39 CST 2003

I'm assuming that was said for effect, being substantially identical to
one of the proposals of Strom Thurmond during the 1948 presidential
election.

Although I must say I am not necessarily an opponent of a limited
franchise, I would do it on differnet terms. I personally would love an
opt-out scheme of government. You can Opt out of paying any taxes, fees,
socail security etc... In return you cannot receive any government
services and cannot vote. The Mennonites do this already BTW. Of course
how to administer that fairly I don't know. I don't think its possible.

Chris Byrne