[geeks] Jesus this guy could be me

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Sat Jan 18 11:56:02 CST 2003

On Sat, 2003-01-18 at 03:03, Chris Byrne wrote:
> http://212.100.234.54/content/4/23777.html
>
> Except I still put up with muther#"$"$#% MicroSquish

Ya know. For personal use, i don't see how the activation stuff is that
big of a deal, really.  Yes, when i first heard about it, i disliked it
as much as the next anti-MS bigot, but in the end it's not horrible.  I
still think it's going an awful long way to prevent piracy, and it still
doesn't work, but, it's not the end of the world.

Now, on the buisness end, i've spent hours messing with activation on
some PC's, granted this is largely the fault of my management refusing
to use MS's "open licencing" and instead buying individual licences with
each PC (because it's supposedly so much cheaper to buy it from Dell),
but damn, it can be a real PITA, and has cost clients some decent money
because of the time i've spent having to monkey with it.

	-Dan Sikorski