[geeks] Im going to XP, wish me luck

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Sat Jan 18 11:31:33 CST 2003

My Stepdads p3-700 runs OK with 128m on XP, but when he's heavily
multitasking it crawls. The OS seems to use about 110 megs of physical
just sitting there in his installation. IN mine its even more but I
think that's because my drivers have a bigger footprint and theres some
TSR's I cant get rid of and still have full power management.

I recommend 256 for both 2k and XP though if you shut all the extra crap
off (like I do, and you do) 128 will work. The very first thing I do on
XP or ME is to shut off system restore. Eats up resources like mad.

Chris Byrne