[geeks] Holy FAST batman!!!

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri Jan 17 17:29:31 CST 2003

Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

> On Friday, January 17, 2003, at 06:13 PM, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > Nope, just remember to restart the client when you reboot, and hit
> > "q" to quit the client before shutting down.
>
>    How badly do things get hosed if you don't do this?  I ask because
> mine are running detached.  Not that I ever reboot those machines
> anyway, as they're not PCs. ;)

Nothing bad happens, IIRC.  All it does is continue spooling the results
to disk when it get's started up again.  If you shut it down when it has
4000 structures complete, you'll have 4000 completed structures in your
results file when you start the client again.

--
Kurt                "I remember that I've got a solid base of worms and
kurt at k-huhn.com      ant eggs.  I puke like a hero all night long."