[geeks] Folding Proj Comaprison

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Fri Jan 17 16:50:31 CST 2003

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 05:35:28PM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   Heh, *I* sure wasn't.  I abandoned them as soon as they did that
> resending old blocks without telling anyone trick because they couldn't
> get their shit together, and their continued x86-centric attitude has
> continually irritated me.  As much as I like the concept, that project
> is a fucking joke.

They have to check for cheaters somehow....  Either that or they are
trying to slow everything down for funding reasons.

And there is a good explaination for x86 performance optimizations
only.  They do it because they know that people run this as a way to
compare how their processor is better than a super computer, so the
better it runs the more people will run it.  However, they don't
actually want it to run fast, and they hate non PCs anyway.  So, this
way they further two agendas.  The agenda of kicking non x86 users in
the nuts for trying to insist on sane computer systems, and the agenda
of slowing down everything so that they won't run out of data, lose
their funding and give up their fat suit paychecks and perks.

--
Joshua D. Boyd