[geeks] FS: Dell Laptop

James james at jdfogg.com
Fri Jan 17 15:03:34 CST 2003

OK, Daddy needs a new pair of shoes, snowshoes to be exact.

Anyone interested in a Dell Inspiron 3500 before it goes to Ebay?
I believe it is a PII 400Mhz (will check) or a 366 (several models were made).
4.5 gig drive
CD-ROM drive
floppy drive
Internal modem (56K)
256M Dram (I'll check, may be only 128M).
Docking station
Targus bag (generous size)
3com PCMCIA 10/100 ethernet card
Power supply, maybe a spare PS too (have to look).

I'll install a fresh copy of RH Linux 7.3. Currently running win98.

Everything works. There is something wandering around in the display area
(screw?), but it doesn't cause any problems. Display is perfect, keyboard
is OK, glidepoint mouse is great. I have been using this machine daily for
a year without issues or BSOD/reboots. OK, if I left it running for days on
end maybe I'd have to reboot, but I only use it in the morning to check
mail, etc.

Here is someone else's auction for the same docking station I have (there
were several docking stations offered).
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2300637332&category=31534

$300.00 plus shipping. If you think the price is wrong let me know.