[geeks] LUNA: OT: Sun Ultra 10 Memory (fwd)

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Fri Jan 17 12:44:51 CST 2003

On 2003.01.17 17:27 Bill Bradford wrote:

> > This is a little off topic but I can't find a straight answer
> > online. Is the memory in a Sun Ultra 10 standard 50ns ECC Dimms.
> ECC EDO SDRAM DIMMs.  Same as in older PPro boxes.
EDO or SDRAM? It can only be one of this.
I have some standard EDO DIMMs, 3.3 V, buffered, 50ns, ECC, 64 MB. They
come out of some older Comcrap boxen. I use them in my Motorola
PowerStack II and the Bull Escala T604e. They should work in some older
PowerMACs too. I ePayed a Ultra5 board with CPU but without RAM that is
still on the way to me. It would be great if I can use them in a U5/U10.

BTW: I looked at http://sunsolve.sun.com/ but couldn't find the specs
for the U5/U10 PSU. Can I use any PeeCee ATX PSU or is it somthing
special?
--

tsch|_,
         Jochen