[geeks] UltraSparc IV dual core?

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Thu Jan 16 22:14:14 CST 2003

Should be interesting.

I wonder how these dual cores look to older os's that don't know about
them vs newer ones.

Can/are the newer OS's be programmed to take advantage of the inherent
design advantges of having the dual core (speed of transport, coherency
etc...), and if there is a significant difference in performance using
existing os's between a conventional SMP implementation and a multicore
implementation.

Chris Byrne