[geeks] WTS: Sunfire 280r and three A1000 arrays

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Wed Jan 15 23:04:40 CST 2003

Hi

One of the clients I support is merging with a larger US company and as a result will be consolidating their computing resources. As a result of this process, they want to sell their Sun Fire 280r server along with three A1000 disk arrays. They have asked me to make some inquiries on their behalf.

What is the usual method of disposal for this class of equipment? I've talked to a couple of brokers in Australia and the USA (but there offers seem pretty low). I've also fired off emails to a couple of ISP equipment trading lists.

The configuration of the equipment is as follows:

Sunfire 280R server
Single 900MHz/8MB USIII
2GB RAM
36GB 10k disk
Redundant power
Dual channel UW SCSI
DVD

3 x Sun StorEdge A1000 arrays with RAID controller
24MB cache
Redundant power
6 x 36GB 10k LVD drives

The arrays are identically configured i.e. there is 18 x 36GB = 648GB of disk storage in total.

I would appreciate any guidance you guys can give on this equipment as I'm a bit out of my depth. My client is looking for 17-18kUSD for the lot - is this realistic?

Regards,

Gavin Hubbard