[geeks] Cardbus -> PCI

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Wed Jan 15 19:08:55 CST 2003

Well the first question is, exactly what are you trying to do?

Do you want whatevers attached to the cardbus card to act as a device on
the PCI bus, or do you want to add a PCI device to your cardbus?

Because I don't know if either of those things are available.

The cards Im speaking of I believe are only capable of data collection.
They are for testing bandwidth, voltages, looking for bus errors etc...
Kind of like one of those IC logic testers, but for a pci bus. They also
manufactured PCI card testers where you stuf the card in a slot on the
box and it ran through it in the same way.

And unfortunately I wouldn't know any current manufacturers. The only
reason I know they exist at all is because the company I partnered with
made them (along with a ton of other electronics and telco testing
equipment). I saw a few in the warehouse and asked about them, but they
had long been out of production.

Chris Byrne