[geeks] XIO V10 card size question

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed Jan 15 14:43:47 CST 2003

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003 15:34:32 -0500

> Oh really.  I was under the impression that it would.  Oh well.  Not
> like it was a realistic or serious plan anyway.  Anyone actually
> intending to do it should look further.  I do wish I had an Octane
> though.  Something like to run Houdini Apprentice on.  I want to do a
> melting ice cube in it for their competition.

Not too rub salt on an open wound, but I've got Apprentice running on my
Octane - and it is *awseome*.  I think it would even run well on an R10k
with SI graphics.  It's really very well put together.

Of course, I was completely lost when I first fired it up.  It's very
complex, but it's also very powerful.  I did notice that it allowed manual
parameter entries (location, size, transform, angle, etc) which is a huge
help for people focused on exact measurments.  After firing up the tutorials
PDF, I started to see how everything fit together.  I'm working on animating
the rocket tutorial right now.

--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com