[geeks] Remember Bobby Fischer?

James james at jdfogg.com
Wed Jan 15 11:17:22 CST 2003

>I've never understood why our culture dismisses those who use their
>sexuality as an asset as somehow less than those who do not.
>
>How we assume that because someone uses that asset, they are somehow
>unworthy, or that it indicates they are unable to do otherwise.

It comes from two things. Men are easily distracted by thoughts of sex and
will offer position/favors to attractive women who "present", and women who
are not qualified for something sometimes resort to a little tushy action
to get a job/etc. It is considered cheating. And its not a guy-thing. Ask
any woman who doesn't have "ass-ets" if she approves of the technique.

>Similarly it is often assumed that one can be attractive, sexy, and
>sexual, or intelligent and useful, and that these factors are mutually
>exclusive. This is obviously untrue, but it persists.

They are not exclusive, but her site seems to be about chess and yet she
seems to want to explore a modelling career instead.