[geeks] distributedfolding

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Jan 14 10:41:02 CST 2003

On Tuesday, January 14, 2003, at 10:47 AM, Jochen Kunz wrote:
>>    I wonder if anything in their code depends on having IEEE floating
>> point.
> Crays have no IEEE FP?

   Only the most recent Cray PVP machines (T90, SV1/2) have IEEE FP.
The last Cray-FP-only machine was the T90's predecessor, the J90.  The
T90 does both, and I'm not sure about the SV1/2...they might be
IEEE-only.

> Or do you think about VAXen? ;-)
> Well. A VAX 6000 with dual vector option...

   Now *that* would be sweet.  Do you have a VAXvector running?

      -Dave

--
Dave McGuire           "She's a cheek pincher.  I have scars."
St. Petersburg, FL                          -Gary Nichols