[geeks] distributedfolding

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Jan 14 10:38:46 CST 2003

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 05:31:06PM +0100, William S. wrote:
> I don't know much about dual cpu's but was
> curious if the software you are using is
> able to take advantage of it. Does OSX
> have specific applications designed
> for that purpose?

OS X is UNIX, so pretty much *any* application is going to use both
CPUs in *some* capacity.  Stuff for OS9 had to be specifically written
to "see" the second CPU, but not stuff for OSX.

If I run one process, it pegs both CPUs at about 50% load (varying), but
if I run two, it will peg both CPUs around 100% load.

Bill

--
bill bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net