[geeks] Re: HP's squandering

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Jan 12 15:44:22 CST 2003

On Sunday, January 12, 2003, at 04:36 PM, Gavin Hubbard wrote:
>> HP has announced end-of-life for MPE. The HP-3000 systems
>> will no longer be manufactured, but they are just HP-9000
>> derivatives.
>
> Wow...There are a LOT of big HP3000s installed at banks and such.
>
> -
> Yep - there are a lot of really angry HP 3000 customers out there.
> After all the platform is over twenty years old now. To be fair HP is
> making an effort to transition the systems rather than just dropping
> them, but if it ain't broke etc. I don't know if Eric realises - but
> they _are_ going to stop manufacturing the e3000 hardware as well
> (more details on the HP website).

   People are using them, people like them, people are buying them,
people are buying support for them, HP is making real money with
them...So WHY THE FUCK are they discontinuing them??

   Idiot suits.

          -Dave

--
Dave McGuire           "She's a cheek pincher.  I have scars."
St. Petersburg, FL                          -Gary Nichols