[geeks] Pizza anyone?

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sun Jan 12 12:01:25 CST 2003

"Chris Byrne" <chris at chrisbyrne.com> wrote:

> Question: What is the best pizza you can still get (brand, style,
> toppings)

The stuff my wife makes.  Bacon, sausage, pepperoni, ground beef,
onions, dice portabella mushrooms, and hot pickled pepperoncini.  Top it
all off with a mix of provolone, mozzarella, and parmigiano reggiano.
Thin crust, of course, cooked on a stone, not a metal pan.

> Subquestion: The best from a national chain

Unos, no doubt.  The rest seem to be variations of the Dominos Salt Lick
or the Pizza Hut Salt Lick.  I've neve had Papa Johns, so I can't really
comment on them.

> Subquestion: the best from a major regional chain

The only regional chain around here that I'm aware of East of Chicago.
They suck - they're another variation of the Dominos Salt Lick.  The do
have a decent cold mexican pizza though, if you can stand the bready
crust.

There's a decent pizza parlor here in town, Elms pizza that's quite
good.  All they have is good thin crust, we prefer it over all others
local here - though we do have to supplement it with fresh ground pepper
(the locals around here seem afraid of seasoning for some reason).  In
Warwick, RI there's a place called Lakis Pizza that does an incredibly
greasy thin crust with all the right flavors - man it's good.  Then in
Livermore, CA there's a place called Mama Mia's taht makes the most
incredible pizza I've ever had - pastry crust top and bottom stuffed
absolutely full of meat of all kinds.  They also have one with
vegetables in it, so I hear (never bothered to order it).  Yes, it's a
heart attack on a plate, but it's soooo worth it.

--
Kurt                "I remember that I've got a solid base of worms and
kurt at k-huhn.com      ant eggs.  I puke like a hero all night long."