[geeks] RE: IBM tech support saga (should be getting a new

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Sun Jan 12 05:31:31 CST 2003

<<
Well Im not there yet, but man It would be sweet.

I'm sure the'yre going to try and get me to accept repair one more time
and Im gonna flat out refuse it. The damned thing is dead. And they are
going to try and get me to go for a reconditioned machine. Nope, Im not
inherting other peoples problems thank you. Not for a machine that I
paid $3k for.

Finally Im sure they are going to try and get me to accept a lower
model, but once again, NO. OI bought a 15" 1600x1200 screen with video
input and output for a reason, and that's what Im getting god dammit.

Oh and the new machine has six wire firewire too. I've always wanted
real firewire on a laptop (yes, I want a 17" iBook. I nearly splooged
when I saw it). Of course the batteries only last two hours, but still
;-)

Wish me luck

Good luck. It sounds like you got a real bum machine from them. Between your machine and my X30 (with the poxy screen) I hope IBM hasn't recently started turning into DELL.

--Gavin