[geeks] LX/Classic Cycle comp upgrade board?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 11 08:37:07 CST 2003

--- Mike Hebel <nimitz at speakeasy.net> wrote:
> Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > Mike Hebel <nimitz at speakeasy.net> wrote:

> >>Is this thing what I think it is or does he just have th wrong
> >>picture up?
> >>

>>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1244&item=2087549789

> > Granted, I haven't been inside my Sparc Classice for a while, but
> > this certainly doens't look like a Classice to me.  For one, there
> > appears to be PCI slots...

> That's why I was thinking Cycle Comp upgrade board.  I remember
> seeing such a picture but IIRC their site has gone bye-bye by this
> time.

This looks like a Mac MB to me, maybe from one of the all-in-one
systems... Note the odd cutout on the upper right side of the image...

Also, it looks like a cache SIMM next to the RAM.

The Classic/LX MBs do not have an attached backplate, like the SS/5 or
Ultra 1 MBs (for example) do...

> Strange as it sounds they were shoving TurboSparcs into those boxes
> and UltraSparcs into the pizza format.  If I had money to play with
> I'd make  a bid.

I have a turboSPARC IPX (cute, mostly RAM sockets, since it takes a
full complement of IPX RAM, as well as 4 72 pin SIMMS), and have heard
of Ultra-class upgrades for pizza boxes, but not seen one.

=====
Lionel

http://mailplus.yahoo.com