[geeks] anyone in NH?

James james at jdfogg.com
Fri Jan 10 12:20:18 CST 2003

At 12:49 PM 1/10/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>On Friday, January 10, 2003, at 12:19 PM, James wrote:
>>>   Hey man...you still willing to pick this beastie up for me?  It's
>>> getting about time for it to be moved.
>>
>>Yes.
>>
>>I can only offer detached-garage storage cause the cellar garage door is
>>under 5 feet of snow. Expect freezing temps. Does that work?
>
>   Works for me.  I'll get you the address.  I owe you a big one for this.
>
>   Did you say FIVE FEET of snow?!

Yes, five feet of snow AND COUNTING! We should get another 10~15 before the
season is over. We had permafrost (snow that doesn't leave till spring)
before Halloween. Its been a tough winter. 2 years ago it was the same
story, 18 feet before spring. I live in a squeeze between two mountains
(Keersarge and Ragged) but I am not in the valley and have good altitude.
We get dumped on by every passing cloud. 30 miles away in Concord they have
bare grass 2 months before we do.

In related news, I have discovered the joys of snowshoeing and am in the
market for a pair. I had no idea how much fun it was. Now, the reason I
tried snowshoeing is because my pontoon boat *was* under a vinyl and pipe
canopy. The canopy failed to shed its snow in the last big storm and
collapsed on my boat. I had to borrow snowshoes from someone at work just
to reach the sucker. I will be continuing the boat dig-out this weekend.