[geeks] 1911A1 handguns

Michael A. Turner mturner at whro.org
Thu Jan 9 11:02:23 CST 2003

> Are you sure this is accurate for your state?  When i
> went to get my permit (Florida) i was told that i could
> not carry into places in which sales of alcohol made up
> more than 50% of total revenue.  That doesn't affect
> the vast majority of restaurants, but does rule out the
> majority of "problem" places, bars, liqueur stores and
> most strip clubs.
>
> I usually carry anywhere unless they have a metal
> detector or it is a government building or school.
>
> /KRM

	Virginia Does not make any distinction between a bar and a
restaurant. Matter of fact their is no such thing as a bar in the usual
sense of the world. Anywhere that serves liquor or beer is required to have
at least 50% of there total sales made up in food sales. This does lead to
bars being one of the best places to get lunch during the day as they are
usually cheap to eat at and serve really good stuff. As I understand it they
charge low on the price to get people in then inflate the sales later to
meet their requirements if what they mainly want to be is a bar.
	This leads to stupid stuff like the concealed weapons not being
allowed into places that server alcohol instead of a law like Florida's that
recognize the difference between a bar and barbecue joint that serves beer.
They cannot make a distinction because there is not other guiding
distinction. Currently law makers are trying to make it legal to carry into
places that serve alcohol but it keeps getting narrowly defeated.

Michael A. Turner
Systems Engineer WHRO
michael.turner at whro.org
http://www.whro.org