[geeks] 1911A1 handguns

Michael Schiller schiller at agrijag.com
Thu Jan 9 01:47:09 CST 2003

On Wednesday, January 8, 2003, at 01:53 PM, R. Lonstein wrote:

> Even as an anecdote, I believe it. Reality is strange. Along the same
> lines, I've read that in Connecticut, the precedent is that you don't
> even have the right to defend yourself from an attacker within your
> own home- you must retreat even if it means fleeing your house.

Another good reason for me to NEVER move to CT! In FL they call it the
Castle Doctrine, you MUST try to flee any attacker before using lethal
force, EXCEPT if you're in your home. Here in TN there's no doctrine at
all that says you must try to flee, but rather it's simply if you feel
threatened with lethal force, you can return it with no need to flee :)

-Mike