[geeks] New Apple Laptops

Simeon Johnston simeonuj at indivisuallearning.com
Wed Jan 8 10:08:18 CST 2003

On Tuesday, January 7, 2003, at 11:25 PM, Andrew Weiss wrote:

> I always had an idea of having a laptop in a rubber coated shock proof
> casing with the motherboard floating loose with spongy material on the
> inner side of the casing in fluorinert or similar.... and a sealed
> membrane keyboard... A scuba laptop of sorts... maybe make it yellow
> like those water resistant walkman radios of the late 80's early 90's.

I've seen something like this from Sony, IIRC.  They were waterproof
(completely), The HD was encased in a shock absorbing shell thingy and
the case was mostly rubber for shock absorption also.  It was REALLY
cool, but about a grand more than yer average laptop for the speeds they
offered.  This was a while ago also and I don't remember the models, but
I'm sure they were from Sony.

They were impressive and looked like they could take quite a pounding.

sim