[geeks] New Apple Laptops

Mike Hebel nimitz at speakeasy.net
Tue Jan 7 21:24:07 CST 2003

Gavin Hubbard wrote:
>>Did everyone see? <drool> 17" TiBook <drool>
>>
>>shawn
>

> It looks nice, but I'm more impressed with the 12.1" Powerbook.
>
> Oh - did you notice that it is no longer a TiBook? They appear to a have dropped Titanium in favour of an Aluminium alloy.

Probably because, as a friend of mine found out when she dripped hers,
Titanium in that particular alloy is more brittle than aluminum.

IMHO I think Panasonic had the best idea and used shock gels with a
heavy magnesium frame.  But then I also want a fully waterproof laptop
that is made of stainless steel too. ;-)

Mike Hebel