[geeks] sega question

Kirby Menzel kmenzel at austin.rr.com
Tue Jan 7 14:23:20 CST 2003

On Tuesday 07 January 2003 09:12 am, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> Does anyone know if Sega Saturn and Sega Genesis AV cables are
> compatible?

If I remember correctly from when I worked for Sega support, I don't think
they are compatible.  However, they are "sort of" compatible.  Officially, I
think Sega says they won't work at all, but it's one of those weird on some
it will, on others it won't thing that I've noticed with Sega hardware.  Feel
free to give it a try.  I seriously doubt it would break anything.  Of
course, you could call Sega to verify.  Tell whoever you talk to that Kirb
says "Hi" :-)

On a side note, looking at their site, it looks like those same crappy generic
instructions I wrote are up. :)

Kirb