[geeks] Ebooks, baen, and honor harrington

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Tue Jan 7 06:01:01 CST 2003

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 10:20:59PM -0600, Mike Hebel wrote:
> Chris Byrne wrote:
> >For xmas I got a palm tungsten t

I've been tempted, but from testing one of my most commonly used apps on
one, it won't run, so I have to hold off until there's a new version of
either the app or the OS.  I guess the 68k emulation isn't quite there yet.

> >                                 and with the new screen and it's size
> >I've stopped carrying a book around in my bag with me and Im just taking
> >my palm pilot loaded with ebooks.
> My Palm Vx did the same for me.  MobiPocket Reader does ok for most
> things but I may pay for TealDoc since it supports more formats.  I only
> wish I had more than 8meg.  (Atlas Shrugged is 1.6Meg in size.)  Maybe a
> Clie when I get more money.

I have a Palm m515, and a 32Mb memory card.  Right now, I've got loaded
on it:

last two Dune books (finished the fourth last night; books 2 3 and 4 are
  crap, 1 is good, and 5 and 6 are adequate iirc);
Gibbon; Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire (all volumes)
Churchill; History of the Second World War (all volumes)
Melville; Moby Dick

Need bigger memory card.

> <snip long list of titles>
> One word: Usenet.

In particular, alt.binaries.e-book.palm.

--
David Cantrell    |    Reprobate    |    http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

May your blessings always outweigh your blotches!
    -- Dianne van Dulken,
       in alt.2eggs.sausage.beans.tomatoes.2toast.largetea.cheerslove