[geeks] Help me convert a computer illiterate to an iMac!

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Mon Jan 6 16:47:38 CST 2003

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 12:49:34PM -0700, Chris Byrne wrote:
> Ok so those are sepcific reasons not to buy a VAIO. How about buying a
> mac in favor of a VAIO:
>
> 1. Macs have a far better reliability record than VAIOs
> 2. Macs don't go obsolete nearly as fast as PC's
> 3. Macs look even cooler than Vaios

And Cubes are the epitome of cool

> 4. The iMac will take up less space

Cube + LCD screen

> 5. The iMac will use less power

Cube + LCD screen

> 6. The iMac will make far less noise

Cubes are SILENT (other than the disk)

> 7. The iMac will look far prettier on the desktop both when turned on
> and turned off

Cubes have been known to induce orgasm

I like cubes.

--
David Cantrell | Member of the Brute Squad | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

 Pressure was growing last night for the global "war on terror" to be
 broadened to take in a wide range of other 'rogue emotions' including
 horror, shock and a general feeling of bewilderment about the state of
 the world.    -- The Brains Trust