[geeks] Help me convert a computer illiterate to an iMac!

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Jan 6 14:26:27 CST 2003

On Monday, January 6, 2003, at 03:23 PM, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
>>   Dude, that's harsh...this is his mom! ;)
>
> And what would you do if your Mom insisted on using XP?

   She did once...for QuickBooks.  Great program, but it runs on a
crappy platform.  I taught her better than that, but I was 200 miles
away and out of touch most of the time.

   Now her company's billing records are stuck in that PeeCee which gets
as far as displaying a blank desktop, then hangs.  Now she's broke and
two months behind on sending out invoices, and there isn't a damn thing
I can do about it.

   People should *not* depend on this crap for anything important.

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire           "She's a cheek pincher.  I have scars."
St. Petersburg, FL                          -Gary Nichols