[geeks] Pegasos PPC ATX board

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Jan 5 16:50:43 CST 2003

On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 05:32:24PM -0500, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> Err, I don't really ever recall early amiga users as being really into
> video production.

Like hell.

> My impression was that was just a side effect of the
> way they designed it for affordability.  From what I've seen, people
> didn't start really going ape over video for the Amiga until after the
> toaster came out, although I'm sure it would have been decent for
> titling prior to the toaster.

There were a LOT of people doing TONS of video stuff with it *before* the
Toaster.. The Amiga was originally designed as a video game machine, but
turned into a "real" computer after the video console wars died out.

I did video titling and effects (no genlock or overlays, though) with the
normal NTSC composite video out on my Amiga 1000, for a high school "weekly
news" show.

Bill

--
bill bradford