[geeks] Any GIS geeks?

Shawn Wallbridge swallbridge at franticfilms.com
Sat Jan 4 13:13:32 CST 2003

Dave McGuire wrote:

>   I have a very strong interest in GIS, but almost no practical
> experience in it.
>
>      -Dave
>
> --
> Dave McGuire           "She's a cheek pincher.  I have scars."
> St. Petersburg, FL                          -Gary Nichols

Me too. I did some basic map making at my last job and I really enjoyed
it. I also have tons of _very cool_ data that I want to play with. I
used ArcView at $previous_employer and saw a little MapInfo. I tried to
install GRASS last night on my Linux box, but I couldn't get PostgreSQL
to build properly (sometimes Gentoo's system sucks). I noticed that they
had binaries for IRIX and Solaris, so I might try the U30 or the Octane.

shawn