[geeks] WCMS recommendations

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Jan 4 07:41:36 CST 2003

On Saturday, January 4, 2003, at 08:35 AM, William S. wrote:
> Why not use php with XML (Sablotron)? This would allow
> you to have dynamic content and only need to fiddle
> around with stylesheets (XSLT) and XML files.
>
> You need to do anything special that cannot be handled
> by this combination?

   That is *great* stuff (though doing it with something like Cocoon is
a lot cleaner & faster) but it seemed to me that content management was
more the goal.

   For the QYXie application documentation, we're maintaining our
textual content in XML and generating the application's help content,
the PDF docs, and the online documentation from the same source
material.  No more out-of-sync documentation.  Very, very powerful
stuff.

        -Dave

--
Dave McGuire           "She's a cheek pincher.  I have scars."
St. Petersburg, FL                          -Gary Nichols