[geeks] web server face lift

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Jan 3 23:44:04 CST 2003

   Hi folks.

   I've just finished a major facelift on my web server.  I've dumped
phpWebSite which I'd been using for content management for some time
now...it's just not far along enough to be usable in my opinion, and
while it offers nice functionality, the code is ugly to the point of
being almost completely opaque.  Looks like it was written by
transplanted Perl scripters. :-(  I can't fault it for this, really, as
it hasn't even hit v1.0 yet...but it's just not for me anymore.  Maybe
I'll revisit it after they've hit a full 1.0 release.

   Anyway, I've found a new content management system which I
adore...it's called Mambo Site Server.  It is really cool, and it's
stable.  It's also very fast and generally easy to use.

   So there are still some things that need tweaking, but most of my
stuff is up there and looking half decent.  Have a look:

   http://www.neurotica.com/

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire           "She's a cheek pincher.  I have scars."
St. Petersburg, FL                          -Gary Nichols