[geeks] Freakin' Inkjet printers...

Geoff Reed geoffr at zipcon.net
Thu Jan 2 04:17:14 CST 2003

>>  I have an HP Deskjet 1200C/PS that I use much more as there's very
>> little warm up time. Unfortunately at the moment it needs to be cleaned
>> and/or repaired as it's not feeding the paper properly. It picks up the
>> paper, it goes like halfway in, then the feed jam light comes on. I have
>> to manually push the paper about an inch or so forward, then put the
>> printer back online then it will print the page. Also the ink cartridges
>> seem to dry at the nozzles really quickly, so I have to run them under
>> hot water to get them to work again, another pita.

if the carts are getting plugged up, you need to clean the seals where the
carts rest, they probably have old ink crusted on them which will plug the
printheads up quick.

  Usually on the paper feed problems it's either paper dust, or the feed
wheels need a good cleaning.  I use a product called rubber renu to clean
up the feeds ....