[geeks] cheap 802.11?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 28 08:15:22 CST 2003

--- Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:
> Anybody know a place to get *cheap* 802.11 PCMCIA cards that have a
> Linux/*BSD-supported chipset?

Well, Lucent/Orinoco(?) cards are my favorites, as in my limited exp.
they just plug & play, but cost is around $60. (based on RH 8.0 in
laptop)

The D-Link DWL/DLW-650 cards are around $30 at justdeals.com, last time
I looked...

My preference is the Lucent cards, despite the cost difference, because
how many cards are you really going to buy? Getting known-good cards
and having it all just work, is, to borrow a phrase from advertising,
"priceless".

=====
Lionel

http://taxes.yahoo.com/